About the Role
The Intern Manager manages all aspects of MRC’s Youth, Education, and Internship Program (YEIP). The ideal employee will work effectively to manage all aspects of the YEIP as well as develop and execute a plan to formalize MRC’s ability to place former interns in jobs across the conservative movement. This person must be a self-starter with the desire and vision to grow MRC’s youth education program.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversees day-to-day operations of MRC’s Intern and Fellowship Program, including recruiting new applicants by tabling at events, promoting the program within conservative circles, and working with broadly advertising the role
- Interview all first-round candidates and recommend to the appropriate team (NewsBusters, MRCTV, Marketing, etc.)
- Plan out intern training sessions, workshops, and guest lectures at the MRC
- Educational field trips for interns and fellows to D.C. area locations
- Manage current interns to include: Assigning seating, working with IT and supervisors to make sure their computers and software are ready, providing welcome packets, collecting intern testimonials, sending weekly schedules to supervisors, and making sure timesheets are filled out
- Outreach to conservative colleges to establish strategic relationships
- Working in conjunction with development, coordinates outreach efforts to donors to increase funding for the YEIP
- Work with Marketing to create new promotional materials for the YEIP
- Host networking events with current and former MRC interns, with the goal of placing interns in jobs across the conservative movement
Required Experience & Education:
Bachelor Degree preferred, plus 2-5 years of directly relevant work experience strongly preferred.
Job Post Date:
23rd Jan, 2024Apply Now!