TV Networks Smear Christine O'Donnell
September 16, 2010 - 11:00am
Brent Bozell, Media Research Center President, reacts:
"This is mudsliging at its ugliest. Pure character assassination. These networks have never treated a viable Democratic candidate with this level of contempt. How dare they lecture anyone on manners or decency ever again.
"The MRC demands the media Tell The Truth ! about the Tea Party, its momentum and the revolution of people whose votes are proving America is fed up with Washington."
· NBC's KELLY O'DONNELL (Sept. 15, Today): "Democratic officials are gleeful and called her an ultra right wing extremist."
· ABC's GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS (Sept. 15, GMA): "We saw that the Republican Party chairman in Jon Karl's piece there, he went on to say, that you're 'not a viable candidate.' That you 'cannot be elected dog catcher in Delaware.' He went on to say that you're either a liar or mentally unhinged."
· MSNBC's MIKE BARNICLE (Sept. 16 Morning Joe): "The larger problem she has, I would submit, is this: that 'different' this year, for a candidate, is good. People are looking for 'different' this year. 'Crazy' is not good."
· CNN's JOY BEHAR (Sept. 15 Joy Behar Show): "She needs to watch some porn and get some tips, is what she needs."
· CBS's NANCY CORDES (Sept. 15 Early Show): "The chair of her own state party called O'Donnell, 'a liar who could not be elected dog catcher,' and yet, the tea party conservative easily defeated the well-known Mike Castle, 53 to 47%. O'Donnell, a former marketing consultant with a checkered financial record, was a dark horse until two weeks ago..."