The Twenty-Fifth Annual Awards for the Year's Worst Reporting
- Best of NQ 2012 Home
- The Throwing Granny Off a Cliff Award for Portraying Romney and Ryan as Heartless
- The Obamagasm Award
- The "Never Let a Crisis Go to Waste" Award for Exploiting Tragedy to Promote Liberalism
- The Sandra Fluke Award for Promoting Obama's Phony “War on Women”
- The Ku Klux Con Job Award for Smearing Conservatives with Phony Racism Charges
- The Politics of Personal Destruction Award for Ripping Romney
- Damn Those Conservatives Award
- Let Us Fluff Your Pillow Award for Obsequious Obama Interviews
- The True But False Award for Fatuous Fact Checking
- The Move Along, Nothing to See Here Award for Burying Obama’s Benghazi Scandal
- The Media Hero Award
- The Audacity of Dopes Award for the Wackiest Analysis of the Year
- MSNBC = Mean-Spirited, Nasty, Belligerent Chris Award
- Good Morning Morons Award
- The Denying the Obvious Award for Refusing to Acknowledge Liberal Bias
- The Barbra Streisand Political IQ Award for Celebrity Vapidity
- Quote of the Year
- 2012 NQ Judges
In addition to discussions on numerous radio talk shows where hosts cited quotes or interviewed MRC representatives, the Best of NQ Awards issue has been highlighted by these outlets:
- FNC's Hannity on December 17 played several clips with MRC President Brent Bozell as a guest to offer comment. Video
- FNC's Fox NewsWatch on December 29 highlighted the winners in two categories. Video
- Washington Examiner, "Washington Secrets" by Paul Bedard on December 18: "Mainstream scream of year: MSNBC Harris-Perry host slaps July 4th"
- Washington Times, "Inside the Beltway" by Jennifer Harper on December 18: "Eternal Gas Bag"
- Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, column by L. Brent Bozell III on December 23: "Media’s most notorious quotes for 2012"
- Denver Post, column by Mike Rosen on December 27: "Another year of liberal media bias"
- Waterbury (CT) Republican-American, January 1, 2013 editorial: "Chronicles of Bias XXV"
- World magazine, by Marvin Olasky on November 30: "Silver anniversary of bias watching"
- World magazine, by Marvin Olasky on December 1: "Getting it wrong"
- The American Spectator, by Quin Hillyer December 4 on Spectator.org: "Poisoned Pens, Poisoned Lenses: The Establishment media’s sickness unto death"
- Watchdog.org, by Patrick B. McGuigan on December 17: "Notable Quotables analysis documents legacy media bias"
- PowerLine blog, by John Hinderaker on December 17: "Most Outrageous Reporting of 2012"
- Chuck Asay, syndicated editorial cartoonist, Creators Syndicate
- Brent H. Baker, MRC’s Vice President for Research & Publications; Editor of CyberAlert and MRC’s NewsBusters blog
- Mark Belling, radio talk show host, WISN-AM in Milwaukee
- Robert Bluey, Director, Center for Media and Public Policy at the Heritage Foundation
- Neal Boortz, nationally syndicated radio talk show host (retired)
- L. Brent Bozell III, Founder and President of the Media Research Center
- Bill Cunningham, syndicated radio talk host and host of TV’s Bill Cunningham Show
- Mark Davis, talk host on KSKY (660 AM The Answer) in Dallas-Ft. Worth and Salem Radio Network; Dallas Morning News columnist
- Midge Decter, author; Heritage Foundation Board of Trustees
- Bob Dutko, nationally syndicated radio talk show host, WMUZ in Detroit
- Jim Eason, retired radio talk show host
- Erick Erickson, editor of RedState.com
- Eric Fettmann, Associate Editorial Page Editor, New York Post
- David Freddoso, Editorial Page Editor for The Washington Examiner
- Tim Graham, Director of Media Analysis, Media Research Center; Senior Editor of the MRC's NewsBusters blog
- Michael Graham, radio talk show host and Boston Herald columnist
- Lucianne Goldberg, publisher of Lucianne.com news forum
- Quin Hillyer, Senior Editor of The American Spectator; Senior Fellow, Center for Individual Freedom
- Mark Hyman, TV commentator, Sinclair Broadcast Group
- Jeff Jacoby, syndicated columnist for the Boston Globe
- Cliff Kincaid, Director, Accuracy in Media’s Center for Investigative Journalism
- Lars Larson, nationally syndicated talk radio host, Compass Media Networks
- Mark Larson, radio talk show host, KCBQ-AM 1170 in San Diego
- Matt Lewis, senior contributor to The Daily Caller
- Jeffrey Lord, contributing editor to The American Spectator
- Brian Maloney, radio analyst, creator of The RadioEqualizer blog
- Steve Malzberg, national radio talk show host
- Tom McArdle, Senior Writer for Investor’s Business Daily
- Patrick McGuigan, Editor of CapitolBeatOK.com
- Vicki McKenna, radio talk show host, WISN in Milwaukee and WIBA in Madison, Wisconsin
- Colin McNickle, Editorial Page Editor for the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
- Jan Mickelson, radio talk show host, WHO in Des Moines
- Rich Noyes, Director of Research, Media Research Center; Senior Editor of the MRC's NewsBusters blog
- Kate O’Beirne, former Washington Editor of National Review
- Marvin Olasky, Editor-in-Chief of World magazine
- Henry Payne, The Detroit News editorial cartoonist, Editor of TheMichiganView.com
- James Pinkerton, Fox News contributor, panelist on Fox Newswatch
- Wladyslaw Pleszczynski, Editorial Director, The American Spectator
- Dan Rea, host of Nightside, on WBZ Radio in Boston
- Mike Rosen, radio host at KOA; columnist for the Denver Post
- James Taranto, editorial board member, The Wall Street Journal and Editor of "Best of the Web Today"
- Cal Thomas, syndicated and USA Today columnist and Fox News contributor
- Clay Waters, Editor of the MRC’s TimesWatch site
- Walter E. Williams, Professor of economics, George Mason University
- Thomas S. Winter, Editor-in-Chief emeritus of Human Events
- Martha Zoller, radio talk show host and political analyst
- In Memoriam: Priscilla L. Buckley, National Review’s longtime Managing Editor and a devoted NQ judge every year since 1990, passed away on March 25 at age 90.
Keep us in the Fight!
The Media Research Center and NewsBusters depend on your support so we can battle the liberal media.