The Twenty-Fifth Annual Awards for the Year's Worst Reporting
- Best of NQ 2012 Home
- The Throwing Granny Off a Cliff Award for Portraying Romney and Ryan as Heartless
- The Obamagasm Award
- The "Never Let a Crisis Go to Waste" Award for Exploiting Tragedy to Promote Liberalism
- The Sandra Fluke Award for Promoting Obama's Phony “War on Women”
- The Ku Klux Con Job Award for Smearing Conservatives with Phony Racism Charges
- The Politics of Personal Destruction Award for Ripping Romney
- Damn Those Conservatives Award
- Let Us Fluff Your Pillow Award for Obsequious Obama Interviews
- The True But False Award for Fatuous Fact Checking
- The Move Along, Nothing to See Here Award for Burying Obama’s Benghazi Scandal
- The Media Hero Award
- The Audacity of Dopes Award for the Wackiest Analysis of the Year
- MSNBC = Mean-Spirited, Nasty, Belligerent Chris Award
- Good Morning Morons Award
- The Denying the Obvious Award for Refusing to Acknowledge Liberal Bias
- The Barbra Streisand Political IQ Award for Celebrity Vapidity
- Quote of the Year
- 2012 NQ Judges
In addition to discussions on numerous radio talk shows where hosts cited quotes or interviewed MRC representatives, the Best of NQ Awards issue has been highlighted by these outlets:
- FNC's Hannity on December 17 played several clips with MRC President Brent Bozell as a guest to offer comment. Video
- FNC's Fox NewsWatch on December 29 highlighted the winners in two categories. Video
- Washington Examiner, "Washington Secrets" by Paul Bedard on December 18: "Mainstream scream of year: MSNBC Harris-Perry host slaps July 4th"
- Washington Times, "Inside the Beltway" by Jennifer Harper on December 18: "Eternal Gas Bag"
- Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, column by L. Brent Bozell III on December 23: "Media’s most notorious quotes for 2012"
- Denver Post, column by Mike Rosen on December 27: "Another year of liberal media bias"
- Waterbury (CT) Republican-American, January 1, 2013 editorial: "Chronicles of Bias XXV"
- World magazine, by Marvin Olasky on November 30: "Silver anniversary of bias watching"
- World magazine, by Marvin Olasky on December 1: "Getting it wrong"
- The American Spectator, by Quin Hillyer December 4 on Spectator.org: "Poisoned Pens, Poisoned Lenses: The Establishment media’s sickness unto death"
- Watchdog.org, by Patrick B. McGuigan on December 17: "Notable Quotables analysis documents legacy media bias"
- PowerLine blog, by John Hinderaker on December 17: "Most Outrageous Reporting of 2012"
The Sandra Fluke Award
for Promoting Obama's Phony “War on Women”
Joy Behar (78 points)
Roger Simon (45 points)
Brian Williams (44 points)
Bob Schieffer (39 points)
(To Joe Biden) “Mr. Vice President, I want to ask you about this whole thing that’s blown up about contraception….The way it’s kind of shaken down, it seems to have sort of gotten Republicans off talking about the economy, and sort of campaigning for — against birth control, in some funny kind of way. What’s your take on that?”
(To Newt Gingrich) “Do you think it’s good politics, though, for Republicans to be sort of campaigning against birth control?”